Online Shop



Filter by Price




Best Sellers


Contact us

Christopher Piper Wines
1 Silver Street, Ottery St Mary EX11 1DB, Devon

Tel: (01404) 814139
Fax: (01404) 812100

Shop Opening Times
Closed Bank Holiday Monday Mon-Fri 0900-1300,1400-1730 Sat 0900-1300,1430-1630

[Email us]


Ribera Del Duero, Roble

Ribera Del Duero, Roble

Ref: A079616

Real Sitio de Ventosilla has 520 hectares of vineyards, which are irrigated by the river Duero. The plantation, which began in 1989, is divided into estates, which in turn, are separated into plots. Each plot is planted with different clones of the Tinta Fina grape variety (90% of the plantings), particularly adapted to the terroir of each plot. The rest of the vineyards (10%) are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon and a little Merlot. American and French oak are used in the winery and a lot of work goes into research to obtain the best quality possible.

Grape Varieties: 95% Tinta Fina, 3% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Merlot 2016 13% abv

The wine spends 3 months in American oak, one in French oak and five months in bottle.

The nose shows complex aromas of ripe red fruit, coffee beans and vanilla. On the palate, it is well rounded, meaty, fruity and spicy with good tannins and offers a pleasant, long finish.

 Contains Sulphites

Region Spain - Ribera del Duero

Grape Tempranillo

Producer Bodegas Ventosilla

Vintage 2016

Eco Warrior  0

Colour Red

Dryness Medium Dry

Body Medium Full Bodied

Food Beef/Kidneys/Pork

Drink Drink or keep

Price: 13.18


Vacqueyras Cuvée Azalais 2012
Vacqueyras Cuve Azalais 2012
Recently, Robert Parker put Serge’s wines in to the superstar category but, typical of the man, he has maintained our allocation just as it was before, despite phenomenal demand from the USA.


Les Terrasses Merlot/Syrah
Les Terrasses Merlot/Syrah
Deep coloured with a bouquet of ripe cherry fruit, this is a very approachable wine with the emphasis on ripeness and "crunchy" fruit with excellent balance.

Les Terrasses
Newsletter Signup
If you would like to be sent a newsletter, please put your email address below

[Newsletter Archive]

2014 CPW
Christopher Piper Wines Ltd. will not sell to anyone under the UK legal drinking age of 18 years. To purchase products on the site you must be eighteen years of age or more.
You must ensure that the details provided by you on ordering or at any time are correct and complete.

Registered Company 1509601 Christopher Piper Wines Ltd, 1 Silver Street, Ottery St Mary, Devon, EX11 1DB. All rights reserved. You must be 18 or over to order.